Sunday, March 27, 2011

Smith's Motrin Deal

What is fun about coupons is buying bulk high value coupons and waiting for them to show the great deal. So, I found out this week that I could finally use my $6 off of 2 Motrin (found in 1/9 Smartsource---Sunday paper coupons) coupons. (these high value coupons expire 3/31---so we were getting close to it ending.)  Smiths had an unadvertised buy 10 and they will be $2.50 each deal on the Motrin. Meaning, I make $1 off two bottles. Well, I bought 22. The checker was a little funny, she stopped taking coupons when we got to -22 cents. But hey, I will take it. I bought 22 bottles (20 count Motrin), 7 Philadelphia Cooking Cream cheeses (with $1.50 off coupon, making them 50 cents each---but free for me because of Motrin) and 3 Anytizer Appetizers (chicken wings).

So, feel free to come by if you are wanting some Motrin PM. Maybe they will be neighbor gifts next Christmas....ha-ha.

Good deal with getting back about 22 cents. Can't complain. I also have a beer rebate that will give me back $4 or $5 on the chicken wings.

So, just an FYI. You may not drink alcohol, but in Utah, and many other states, they cannot require you to buy alcohol in their rebates. So, you have to buy snack foods, shrimp, etc and you can get the rebate. Last night I took advantage of a shrimp rebate. You have to purchase $25.01 in shrimp and they will give you $15 back. We eat a lot of shrimp around here, so that is a good one.

Beer Rebate Tip: If you go to Pinching your Pennies, Utah Forums, check out the beer rebate trading board. There are many people willing to send you a rebate if you send them a self addressed stamped envelope (SASE). Just yesterday I received in the mail about 10-12 beer rebates from a sweet lady who sent me one of each. So, lots of free food on the beer companies. Thank you!!!! (Often they state only one rebate per household or person. So you only need one anyway.)

No comments:

Post a Comment