Friday, March 18, 2011

Smith's Haul

Oh what a night, and I am not even talking naughtiness---ha-ha!

I know, I need to get a life.

Smith's + no kids + hubby + coupons= one night of fun.

Sad, but true.

So, to sum up my night, this is what I bought at our Smith's:

2 Welch's Refrigerated Grape Juice
3 Diet Coke (2 Liter)
2 Gallons of Milk
6 Vitamin Water
4 (24 packs) of Nestle Water bottles (20 oz)
3 Bags of Salt (water softener)
1 Peanut M&M bag
4 Cocoa Krispies
50 Pasta Boxes Ronzoni

So, how much do you think I paid?
A startling $6.97. And I got a $5 coupon for my next visit. I wanted to cry and bear my coupon testimony. Instead, I smiled and thanked my favorite checker who is so nice.
The End.
Great date night.

So, how did I do it? Well, Smith's has the buy 10 get $5 off going right now.
If you buy 4 of the Nestle Water packs you get back a $5 coupon.
I had 50 coupons for $1 off Ronzoni. They are 50 cents each, so I actually made back $25 in groceries.
They also have a deal, buy 4 cereals get 2 milks free. There was a peelie on the cereal (I could only find one darnit) that gave you a free M&M bag if you bought 2 cereals. So really, I got gypped out of an M&M bag, but I won't complain.

Since I bought 4 waters, I had to buy 6 vitamin waters to get my 10 there.

I also had $1 off 2 kelloggs cereals (4) and I had $1 off the Welch's juice. And then the free M&M coupon.
Now that's what I am talking about.

I saved $61.99 in manufacturer coupons and $71 in Fresh Values for a total of $140.41. Total: $6.97 with a $5 off my next visit. (Picture is not including three bags of salt pellets)

Take note: I cannot make any guarantees about what may happen at your Smith's. Some checkers won't let coupon exceed price of item, which means no free groceries, but at least you will get your pasta free. Just for the record, I have found that males tend to be less anal on such things, whereas older women often feel the money you save is coming out of their paycheck....just an FYI:)

2 comments:

  1. where do you get all your coupons and how do you get so many?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can buy the coupons at ebay.com, thecouponclippers.com,....I have a whole list on the side, and in an earlier post about where you can buy bulk coupons. It is awesome. You usually pay a small amount for about 20 coupons. It can be $1.99 on up.

    ReplyDelete