Saturday, March 19, 2011

Smith's Part 2....I outdid myself.

Wow! Even my husband was impressed....

How much do you think I paid for the following?

2 (10 packs of Butterfingers)
10 Classico Pasta Sauce (Alfredo)
120 Powerades
65 Vitamin Waters
15 Ronzoni Garden Delights

Well, my grand total was $11.15.

And granted, I did use my $5 Smith's coupon that I got yesterday in my haul.

Yes, $11.15. And $6.27 was tax. I end up paying more for tax than for my haul.

So, I had $99.00 in manufacturer coupons, I had $156.00 in Fresh Values Savings for a total savings of 98%. My savings totalled $255.11.

A great day. And we will be VERY well hydrated at all our playdates this Spring and Summer...for baseball, and maybe even football.

So, just to explain a little. I had 10 peelie coupons from Classico sauce from the past. They were $1/1 coupons. So, the sauce ended up being 50 cents each for each jar.

I found some coupons (at another supermarket) for $1.00 off of 2 for Vitamin Water, making it free. And I had 30 of those coupons. SCORE! (I happened to be visiting my cousin today in Tooele, and while visiting the Albertson's there, we came upon these coupons, which worked out PERFECT for my haul tonight.)

I bought 40 Powerade coupons off of ebay. They were $1.00 off of 3. I paid $6.50 for 20 coupons and bought 2 packs of those. So, I essentially paid about $14.00 for my 120 Powerades, and then 6 cents on top of that for each one, if that makes any sense.

Then, my Garden Ronzoni Delight $1/1 coupon was a money maker of 50 cents a box, which helped pay for some chocolate. I only could find 15 boxes, so I had to buy 5 more Vitamin Waters to get the $5 off of 10 items deal. (Also bought off a coupon site several weeks ago when they first came out).  If you see a high value coupon on an item that you use frequently, buy them in bulk. Usually they come in handy later. And they won't go to waste if you use the product a lot...especially if you have a big family like we do.

An FYI, always be on the lookout for peelies and coupons.....and save them for a great sale. Ebay can always help when you don't have coupons in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment