Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Kmart Double Couponing fun at Walmart

I will just say it. I am not a fan of Kmart. But that's another story or two or three.

So, I went to some today in a last attempt to get my Airheads for free. There is a 50 cent off coupon. Doubled, up to 99 cents, made them free at Kmart. Well, I didn't have stockpiling luck at the Kmart today. I could only find 27 Airheads. And when you have 100 plus coupons.....it can be disappointing. I guess you can say that I am tenacious. I definitely don't give up easily.

I have been reading several blogs which are talking about Ridleys and how some Walmarts near Ridleys (here in Utah, in Cedar Hills, AF, etc) are matching Ridleys double coupon Tuesday deal. Well, my local Walmart is not doing this as we don't have a Ridleys close by.

So, using that logic, I thought maybe my Walmart would match Kmart's double coupon deal this week. Well, I went to customer service, showed them my Kmart ad, and it was a no-go. It's about 11:10pm. I know that my coupons which expire 3/30 are almost dead.

On a crazy whim, I decide to drive down to the Walmart in Cedar Hills to see if they will match the Kmart deal. What a good decision. They said they would honor it. So, 112 packages of Airheads later...............

Need I say more? Anyway, I can't promise they will honor your Kmart ad at Cedar Hills, but I bet they will. They did mine.

I was a little disappointed :) I expected to get money back. I always forget about that tax part. So, I did end up paying $2.18. Not to mention the $1 I spent for each pack of $20 coupons...totalling about $8 with shipping. Not bad for all our playdates this summer. Should be fun.

So, ladies and gentlemen, get out that Kmart ad, gather your coupons that are under $1 and head to the Cedar Hills Walmart----if you are up for an adventure. Sometimes you have to take risks......FUN TIMES.  Now I have to gather enough energy and time to see if I want a Round 2. Hmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment