Sunday, March 6, 2011

Do I Really Need this Much.........

Purex?

Well, maybe not, but when it ends up being nearly free......why not?

You have to be willing to take chances sometimes. And hey, I prefer couponing to Vegas....so........sometimes I enjoy taking some coupon gambles.....

Luckily for me, this gamble paid off.

The $3/1 coupon was for Purex with Zout. I didn't know if I would be able to find this exact product or not. Luckily for me, this coupon worked for any type of the Purex. And has worked at all the stores I have gone to; Walmart and Smith's.

I bought 60 coupons of Purex online.  They cost me $5.50 for 20 coupons. So, I spent a total of about $18.00 with shipping.

For that $18.00 I got 60 (50 oz) bottles of Purex.  The coupons stated they were for Purex with Zout, which cannot hardly be found. So, I tried my coupon for any variety of the Purex. It worked. It worked at the Walmart ; where Purex was listed for $2.98.  It also worked at the Smith's where some Purex was on Clearance for $2.19. I bought 21 there, so I was able to spend about $16 on other groceries for free. I was so thrilled at that receipt.

I came out of the Smith's having spent $6.13.

For that $6.13 I was able to buy:

21 (50 oz) Purex
Buitoni Fresh Pasta (had downloaded a free coupon from Smith's online couponing)
Whipped Cream
Welch's Grape Juice
1 lime
1 kiwi
12 glazed donuts
2 white onions
1 head of lettuce
2 bunches of cilantro
12 Pack of Charmin (used $3 off online coupon from Smith's)

Sweet!
I love coupons.

I also used many of my $1 off coupons last week, to get the Purex for $1.18 each.  So, now I have over 70 bottles of Purex. And with my five kids, we will be using that. I love Purex. It smells so good, and that smell seems to last a bit longer than I have noticed with other laundry detergents. One more reason to love couponing.

So, at the end of the day, because of my free groceries that my Purex bought me, I really only spent about $2 on the coupons....and got 60 Purex for free. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment